Release notes for Philter showing what’s new, what’s changed, and any known outstanding issues.
Version 1.2.0 – January 16, 2019
- New: Added ignore lists specific to each filter to list items that should never be removed. Each filter can have its own ignore list.
- New: Added support for encrypted connections to Redis.
- New: Added enabled property to individual filters in a filter profile. Filters having enabled=false will not be executed.
- New: Added option to filter profile credit cards to also include invalid credit card numbers. (Credit card numbers that match the pattern but are not valid per the card’s number algorithm.)
- New: Added option to filter profile to require dates be valid dates. (The date February 30 is not a valid date and would be excluded when enabled.)
- New: Added option to filter profile for NER to remove punctuation prior to processing.
- Fix: Fixed issue where conditionals may not be applied to NER entities.
- Tweak: Added Philter version to status API response.
Version 1.1.0 – December 15, 2019
- New: Store changed from MongoDB to Elasticsearch for improved querying capabilities.
- New: Added “auto” setting for distance to automatically calculate appropriate distance (fuzziness) of identified text.
- New: Added ignore lists to filter profiles to support having a list of terms that are always not filtered.
- New: Added support for using custom dictionaries in filter profiles. (Can now specify your own list of terms to be filtered.)
- New: Added an explanation endpoint that describes how the identified PII/PHI was detected and filtered.
- New: Added metrics per individual filter type.
- New: Added “prefix” property for metrics to allow for improved metric organization.
- New: Applying filter sensitivity level to NER entities.
- New: Added API for managing filter profiles.
- Fix: Fixed filter profile issue where appropriate filtering strategy may not be applied.
Version 1.0.1 – October 19, 2019
- Tweak: Changed API HTTP response message when Philter is initializing.
- Tweak: API endpoint
/api/replacementsreturns HTTP 503 Service Unavailable when the replacement store is not enabled.
- Improvement: Updated how identified spans are located.
Version 1.0.0 – October 7, 2019
- Initial release.
- Known issue: Philter’s API
/api/filterendpoint will return HTTP 500 if Philter has not finished initializing. This will be made more user-friendly in a later version. As a workaround, use the
/api/statusendpoint to determine if Philter has finished initializing prior to calling