Philter identifies and removes Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI) from natural language (unstructured) text.
Capabilities of Philter
- Philter uses state-of-the-art natural language processing (NLP) and trained neural networks to identify PII and PHI in text.
- Philter can replace PII and PHI with similar but random values. With consistent anonymization, documents can remain useful for secondary purposes by not losing meaning.
- Customizable filter profiles give full control over how PII and PHI is identified and manipulated.
- Supports logic to manipulate PII and PHI based on conditions such as zip code population and textual content.
- Can optionally store locations of identified PII and PHI in text to a database for future reference.
Philter is an application that finds and removes PII and PHI in natural language text. The types of PII and PHI that it looks for and how those types of PII and PHI are replaced are configurable. Philter is a software-as-a-service application that has an API for processing text it receives. Philter was designed this way to allow it to be integrated into virtually any type of existing systems and processes. Philter can integrate with popular big-data applications such as Apache NiFi, Apache Kafka, and AWS Kinesis.
The Philter Profile Registry provides a centralized repository for storing filter profile configurations.
Philter is available in two editions. The primary difference in the two editions is that the Enterprise edition includes support for usage of Philter with streaming applications.
|Standard Edition||Enterprise Edition|
|Customizable PHI and PII Filtering||Yes||Yes|
|Anonymization via Random Value Replacement||Yes||Yes|
|Filter Profile Registry||Yes||Yes|
|Apache Kafka Integration||Yes|
|Apache NiFi Integration||Yes|
|Apache Pulsar Integration||Yes|
|Support||Limited Email Support||Priority Email Support|
|Cost||Starts at $0.79 / hour |
Billed through your cloud platform
The blog posts and articles linked below provide example solutions using Philter to find and remove PII and PHI.
- Using AWS Kinesis Firehose Transformations To Filter PII And PHI From Streaming Text
- Using Philter with Apache NiFi for Data Flow PHI Filtering